©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-26 21:39:20

herrep

XSIBackup-DC 1.5.1.1 Backup CBT-enabled _XSIREP VMs

Hi,

In my backup scenario, I start with replicating my original VM with --replica=cbt and --options=R to receive a registered _XSIREP VM. Then, I would like to --backup=cbt the registered _XSIREP VM. Therefore, I ran --enable-cbt first on the _XSIREP VM. This seem to work fine.

Nevertheless, when starting --backup=cbt onto the _XSIREP VM, I receive the following error message:

be enabled, run --enable-cbt="<vm>_XSIREP" first
2021-09-26T17:29:33 | Error code 216 at file signal.c, line 216 | Error description: raised SIGTERM (11) (2) in job, total errors: 11, check error.log

The error.log does not report anything beyond this.

What did I miss? --replica-cbt works fine after having performed --enable-cbt on the respective VM, but this procedure does not seem to work when using --backup=cbt.

Best regards,
Peter

#2 2021-11-27 12:57:02

herrep

Re: XSIBackup-DC 1.5.1.1 Backup CBT-enabled _XSIREP VMs

What I understood is that there is no way of using CBT on the basis of CTK-enabled disks in a chain of backups/replications where the backed up or replicated disk ("first generation") is backed up or replicated again ("second generation"). If the first replicated disks of the first generation makes use of the CBT feature, the second generation cannot use the CBT feature again.

#3 2021-11-27 14:59:05

admin
Administrator

Re: XSIBackup-DC 1.5.1.1 Backup CBT-enabled _XSIREP VMs

You just can't do what you pretend to do. CBT information is kept at the host level. When you backup some VM you backup just the VM, not the CTK information associated to it.

Board footer