©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-21 18:06:19

Tzvia

From old free to licensed PRO-issue with GUI TARGET

Well I finally purchased PRO after using the old unlimited FREE version for years.  Thought I would try the GUI to create a backup job and am hung up selecting a backup location, TARGET.  The server is a Supermicro with local storage - the VMs are on local drives, and I have a 6tb drive in there that I have been doing backups to previously using the argument "--backup-point="/vmfs/volumes/Weekday_Backup/"$( date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S ) \", 'Weekday_Backup' being a datastore.  Now if I attempt to type in /vmfs/{full path}... to select that datastore, I get the error "Select some datastore, you are trying to copy data out of a datastore".  I am sure I am missing something obvious...

This was one of my old JOBs, in case it helps, that I am trying to duplicate the functionality of:

"/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir/xsibackup" \
--backup-prog=vmkfstools \
--backup-point=/vmfs/volumes/Weekend_Backup/BACKUPS/$( date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S ) \
--backup-room=100 \
--backup-type=Custom \
--backup-how=Hot \
--Backup-vms=Test\
--snapshot=doquiesce \
--remote-xsipath=/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir \
--backup-id=010 \
--description="vmkfstools backup of VMs" \
--exec=yes >> "/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir/var/logs/xsibackup.log" 2>&1

#2 2022-07-22 09:00:36

admin
Administrator

Re: From old free to licensed PRO-issue with GUI TARGET

Please, note that current (c)XSIBackup edition is new software and although it resembles the Classic version and follows the same working principles, it is indeed new software with different arguments and syntax. Nonetheless, if you are used to (c)XSIBackup-Classic, getting adapted to new (c)XSIBackup will be fairly simple.

(c)XSIBackup Manual

You should remove any older version of our software and any previously configured cron entries to avoid conflicts, i.e. running multiple jobs at the same time.

You are receiving that message because you are trying to set some target outside /vmfs/volumes/ which is the root all local datastores should stem from. Select a dir by using the space bar and list contents inside of it by appending a slash "/"

Board footer