©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-17 23:06:02

clicream

running incremental every 30 minutes

How do I schedule to backup every 30 minutes every day.

I have one VM that have independant disk and not sure warm backup is suitable to do that (power off and on every 30 minutes).

#2 2018-05-18 11:00:28

admin
Administrator

Re: running incremental every 30 minutes

This is something that is at the limits of the "backup" concept and is closer to "distributed FS" or "Real time sync". If on top of that you add an independent disk, please forgive my little sarcasm, but its like presenting yourself to a race with a weight. You want to run fast, but there is something attached to you that is keeping you from reaching your goal.

There's nothing that prevents you from doing it, except the downtimes. If you use a warm backup you will still be unable to backup the independent disk, you need a cold backup for that to be possible. So, I'm afraid that you can't do what you want with your current setup. You have three choices (there may be more):

1 - Change that independent disk to a regular virtual disk, so that you can use OneDiff or some other backup method, like warm backups.

2 - Use some guest level incremental backup to achieve your goal. As said, what you really want is real time FS syncronization, and that falls at the FS level.

3 - Use some distributed FS like Gluster, Hadoop or DRBD to store your VMs.

Board footer