©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-29 00:29:59

mbeckwell

33hops.com Registered Users -> Unable to login?

Is it just me, or is the "Registered Users" section on 33hops.com redirecting in circles?

https://33hops.com/user-login.html

(It appears to accept credentials, but not seeming to set the "logged in" cookie).  I was hoping to download the current version of XSIBackup-Pro, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

#2 2017-12-29 12:56:36

admin
Administrator

Re: 33hops.com Registered Users -> Unable to login?

We have moved the topic to XSIBACKUP-PRO general matters, it was on XSIBACKUP-FREE section.

We made some changes to our website taking the chance that there are less users in Christmas time. It's working well for us, but depending on your browser and its configuration, you may need to remove cache manually, they (browsers) sometimes tend to cache content very aggresively, even though the user section is marked as "don't cache anything".

If you are using Chrome, just go to advanced configuration and remove all files and images.

#3 2017-12-29 16:21:58

mbeckwell

Thanks for moving the topic, I realized that error after I already posted.

For what it's worth, I'm in the US, and have tried from 3 Different Machines: both Windows 7 and Mac.
Firefox 57, Chrome 63, Internet Explorer 11, and Safari 11 browsers.

Most of these have never visted 33hops.com before, but I still get the same behavior-- so i'm reasonably certain it's not a caching problem.

I also noticed the "Detected tax zone" ( https://33hops.com/xsibackup-pro-vmware … ackup.html ) is always selected as "Spain" (where it seemed to properly detect myself being the US previously).

This is similar to issues I've run into with my own servers being behind CloudFlare, (rather than anything client-side).
If you want access to a proxy or remote desktop session for testing from another perspective, let me know.

#4 2017-12-29 17:00:02

admin
Administrator

Again, thank you for your feedback.
The "Detected tax zone" issue was a bug we just corrected now.
Our tests do work, nevertheless I will clean the CDN cache again and will keep monitoring from different connections.
It's very kind from your part, but we use proxies in different countries for our tests, which is much more convenient for everyone.
Try again in some minutes, and do not doubt to contact the Support Department if you need further help.

#5 2017-12-29 18:28:51

admin
Administrator

We have used a proxy in the States to make some tests and the results are O.K., we can login into the user area and access all entries in the menu. The CDN asked us to verify we were human, but nothing out of usual apart from that. We still have some small and annoying JS bugs related to HTML entities, but I don't thinbk that is what is causing your issue. Again, if you need something you can't perform on the website, just write to us.

#6 2018-01-03 11:41:50

tschonn

Sorry, but still the same problem for me. Tried in IE, FF, Chrome ...
I can login, the page tells me that my credential are accepted, but there is still the "registered users"-Link in the upper right corner and still no chance to get my registered version of XSIBackup :-(

#7 2018-01-03 12:07:28

tschonn

Tried again ... now I'm getting "your subscription expired on 2000-01-01" ... ?

#8 2018-01-03 12:32:26

admin
Administrator

We've been doing some changes in our website taking the chance that it was Christmas time.
We just corrected your issue, please, try again.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

#9 2018-01-03 12:33:58

tschonn

Now working as expected.
Thank you very much :-)

#10 2018-01-03 16:57:03

mbeckwell

Just wanted to update with a note that I haven't yet been able to login.

For additional troubleshooting: I created a brand new Windows 2016 Server instance on AWS EC2 and a fresh install of Chrome
(which...shouldn't have any kind of cached data at all).  This still doesn't let me sign in.  It says "credentials accepted" and then drops me back into the main page.

I sent an email to support with the Remote Desktop credentials to test.

#11 2018-01-04 10:23:19

admin
Administrator

Should we consider this to be closed?

#12 2018-01-04 15:20:09

mbeckwell

To close the loop on this (for anyone else who may be following or find this later):

I can now access the registered users section, but only after someone reset the "date" on my account.
(Same/similar problem as 'tschonn') It wasn't anything cache/browser related.

#13 2018-01-05 13:12:22

admin
Administrator

This is a conjunctural topic that isn't really related to XSIBackup, but the website under ongoing works.
There's been different issues affecting users these days, which cover a vast range of different causes: bugs, regular errors in user profiles, caching problems, etc...

If you make a statement like that, you'll be misleading people, as not everybody will suffer from the same problem. Happily this issues will stabilize and everything will come back to normal in short.

If any registered user ever has any sort of problem login in or downloading software, they should contact the support department, for his issue to be treated singularly, otherwise, we'll be creating an artificial general cause which is compounded by issues that don't really have to do with each other.

Board footer