©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-20 21:14:16

AlexV

ERROR DIFQMSH3: error: first 500M mistmatch

Hello,

I have seen a topic where the issue was the same as mine but i still have the problem with the last version of xsibackup-pro-10.1.4

The first onediff copy has taken a LOT of time but the email and the end of the initial copy has informed me that everything worked perfectly.
Since then, each differential backup, using exactly the same options, fails with this error: ERROR DIFQMSH3 error: first 500M mistmatch

Each of my VMs has this error ( linux and windows )

My source is an ESXi v6.5, my target is an ESXi v6.0.

I read in your blog that you advise us to use same version on each side, which is not possible to me due of the complexity of my local infrastructure ( storage compatibility constraints ), do you think this could be the source of my problems?

Please find below a part of the informations i have when i launch the task, the part where the errors are.

Removing hot snapshot & merging data
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Debian_desktop] info: OneDiff backup differential data (100) merged with base data
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Debian_desktop] info: the backup mirror VM [Debian_desktop_XSIBAK] Id (vim.fault.AlreadyExists) {
   faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,
   name = "17",
   msg = "The specified key, name, or identifier '17' already exists."
} has been created
./xsibackup: eval: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("
[Debian_desktop] info: diff mirror VM reloaded
[Debian_desktop] info: deleting snapshot at [Debian_desktop_XSIBAK] Id (vim.fault.AlreadyExists) {
   name = "17",
}...
./xsibackup: eval: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("
[Debian_desktop] error DIFDELAL: error deleting all snapshots VM [Debian_desktop_XSIBAK] Id (vim.fault.AlreadyExists) {
   name = "17",
}, details:
./xsibackup: eval: line 5: specified: not found

[Debian_desktop] error DIFQMSH3: first 500M mistmatch...

Thank you in advance for your help,
Regards

Alex

#2 2017-12-21 10:52:39

admin
Administrator

Re: ERROR DIFQMSH3: error: first 500M mistmatch

You may encounter different problems when backing up to a lower ESXi version. From a pure copy and data transfer point of view, everything is O.K., but OneDiff uses some ESXi functions to generate the cloned VM. So if you are using a hardware version which is only compatible with ESXi 6.5.0, then the copied data will not be regarded as a compatible VM set of files.

The key to your issue is this error:

info: the backup mirror VM [Debian_desktop_XSIBAK] Id (vim.fault.AlreadyExists)
The specified key, name, or identifier '17' already exists.

This is a very obvious error, the host is letting you know that a VM by the same name is already registered to the host.
So, delete any Debian_desktop_XSIBAK VM, remove any folder named Debian_desktop, corresponding to the previously removed VM, that may still be there, and start again.

If, on the other side, you still have problems due to Hardware Version incompatibility, you can use XSIDiff for the backup, which will still be very fast over a network, or vmkfstools if copying locally.

In any case, you won't be able to use the backed up VM in the ESXi 6.0.0, if HW versions are incompatible. You would be using the ESXi 6.0.0 box as a mere container to store your data. You would need to copy the data back to an ESXi 6.5.0 host to be able to switch it on.

#3 2017-12-21 11:06:01

AlexV

Hello, Thank you for your answer, i will follow your suggestions and let you know.
Regards,
Alex

#4 2018-01-04 10:23:45

admin
Administrator

Closed

Board footer