©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-21 07:12:55

herrep

Redirect XSIBAckup-DC 1.7.1.7 output into a log file

Hi,

Before upgrading XSIBackup-DC to version 1.7.1.7 I was at 1.5.2.1 where I had no problems to invoke xsibackup while redirecting its output into a dedicated log file.  I used the following command, adapted to the new location of xsibackup:

TS=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`
/scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC/xsibackup <options> >> "/scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC/var/log/xsibackup-$TS.log" 2>&1

The result now is that XSIBackup-DC creates a separate log file by its own, stored in /scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC/var/log/xsibackup.log. A very small portion of the log file content was in my file /scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC/var/log/xsibackup-$TS.log and another part in the automatically created /scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC/var/log/xsibackup.log.

As a second try, I removed my redirection and started again. Unfortunately, the written log file did not contain all the output that was shown on screen.

What I would like to obtain is that the full output is written into a file.

Do you have any hints as how to achieve this with the latest version of XSIBackup-DC?

Best regards,
Peter

#2 2024-01-25 06:29:44

admin
Administrator

Re: Redirect XSIBAckup-DC 1.7.1.7 output into a log file

We created a date line prefixed log file as requested by the majority of users. This is also something rather canonical. If you miss some info in the log increase verbosity, if you still miss something create a feature request for that info to be added.

Board footer