©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-01 18:11:37

terryfryar

It looks like you are trying to backup to the root of an (c)ESXi DS

Using Pro version 1.5.2.1 and I am getting this error when attempting to run a backup job:

It looks like you are trying to backup to the root of an (c)ESXi DS

Here is my command line:

"/scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC/xs
ibackup" --backup --backup-prog=vmkfstools --certify-backup=yes --backup-point=/vmfs/volumes/NAS_EX4100/vm_backup/EMTRAC-ESX3/xsibac
kup/ --date-dir=yes --backup-room=3000 --backup-type=Running --backup-how=Hot --remote-xsipath="/scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC" --backup-id=001

I have a NAS box mounted on NFS at /vmfw/volumes/NAS_EX4100 that I am attempting to back up to.  We have used this same structure for 4 other ESXi server without any problems using older version of XSI Pro for several years.  Why am I seeing this error on this new version??

#2 2022-09-01 18:27:39

terryfryar

Re: It looks like you are trying to backup to the root of an (c)ESXi DS

Ah, never mind...it appears the command line arguments have changed quite drastically with this newer version?  I am passing some older arguments, and I suspect that's why I"m getting the error.  Sorry to have bothered you!

#3 2022-09-05 12:01:36

admin
Administrator

Re: It looks like you are trying to backup to the root of an (c)ESXi DS

Yes, we have indeed changed the command line arguments. We redesigned the concept from scratch, thus we took the chance to improve the arguments' syntax. Still the concept is the same.

Just take a look at the new XSIBackup Man Page. The main thing to take on account is that the three first arguments have a fixed order: action, source & target.

Board footer