©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-28 02:23:32

invaderzog

Free version of ESX 7?

I run ESXi free at home for R&D and have been using XSIBackup free edition for backups.

I was going to upgrade to 7.0 some months ago and saw that it wasn't supported. I looked through the site and I believe that has now changed (at least for the paid editions), but I didn't spot any explicit confirmation that v7 is supported.

I don't have a problem with snapshots being deleted as part of the backup process.

Could anyone confirm or deny free version compatibility before I upgrade to ESX 7?

Thanks!

#2 2021-01-28 15:17:23

admin
Administrator

Re: Free version of ESX 7?

We have switched all versions: Free, Pro and DC to latest technology based in a C monolithic binary service (except for the sendmail script and some other auxiliary functions), which is indeed compatible with ESXi 7.0.0.

You still have access to the previous Free version, which works in ESXi versions up to 6.7.0

New Free version will work without any limitation for some days. We will launch new versions with new expiry dates regularly. Once the trial period ends, you will still be able to backup VMs up to 60 GB to local datastores.

#3 2021-01-28 17:04:27

invaderzog

Re: Free version of ESX 7?

Thanks for the clarification!

Board footer