©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-20 04:40:27

Benjamin L

Specific VM Backups from ESXi with XSibackup4.5

I am using cron backup to schedule backup for ESXi using the old version one and free one. Since I am new for this software I have few questions about cron file progressing since .

1. If using backup type with custom for backup on cron file it will need backup-vms options on there. Is backup-vms with="VMs" is using the ESXI folder name for identify?
2. If the backup-vms is based on folder name above this question. Is it will skip this folder clone with not on backup-vms list?
2.1. If not with is following to ?
3. Is a custom procedure also a hot-backup situation?
4. Once the setting has been changed do still need to restart this service again?

Thanks for help.
Benjamin L

#2 2021-01-20 08:43:21

admin
Administrator

Re: Specific VM Backups from ESXi with XSibackup4.5

It's much simpler than the load of questions you are posing yourself. The backup job is a file you save to the jobs folder, then you invoke it from the cron, that's it.

Everything is self contained in the job, you don't need to worry about any argument/ option but in the backup job file itself.

The VM name is the asigned VM Name as stated in the .vmx file displayName field, nothing else.

Yes, all backups are hot by default if the VM is on.

(c)XSIBackup Cron Troubleshooting

#3 2021-01-20 09:47:16

Benjamin L

Thanks for the reply.
So that means if displayname are not mention it will not do cloning?

Also it means need to restart the service after change?

#4 2021-01-20 11:45:24

admin
Administrator

We are sorry, we aren't getting what you mean.
Please read the provided URLs

#5 2021-01-21 01:36:46

Benjamin L

On previous reply the display name is depends on .vmx(displayname.vmx) So I reverse think that, if the displayname have not list on --backup-vms set on custom setting, it will not do copy on this VM?

On the other hand, refer to provided URL it will need to kill the previous progress to start on setting. Is the progress similar to previous version of XSiBackup?

Last edited by Benjamin L (2021-01-22 10:25:12)

#6 2021-02-01 01:34:22

Benjamin L

admin wrote:

It's much simpler than the load of questions you are posing yourself. The backup job is a file you save to the jobs folder, then you invoke it from the cron, that's it.

Everything is self contained in the job, you don't need to worry about any argument/ option but in the backup job file itself.

The VM name is the asigned VM Name as stated in the .vmx file displayName field, nothing else.

Yes, all backups are hot by default if the VM is on.

(c)XSIBackup Cron Troubleshooting

So I have check the URL provided and previous reply still need to make certain for those points:

1. Displayname is depends on .vmx(displayname.vmx). If the displayname have not list on --backup-vms set on custom setting, it will not do copy on this VM?

2. Restart service by kill previous progress and run again?

Board footer