©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-04 03:31:41

ttlanko

smtpsrvs issue

Hi
When upgrading from ESXi 6.7 to 7, my XSIBackup got wiped, somehow (everything else is fine) eventhough it was installed on a datastore. Anyway, email notifications used to work. I re-installed XSIBackup, configured the jobs and SMTP again, but I can't get it to work.
If I test the SMTP setting using --check-smtp, it returns the following:

Error: cannot determine the e-mail server credentials, each smtpsrvs entry requires seven fields, please check syntax

the smtpsrvs file exists in the conf directory. I've followed the example from the file, and it won't work, whatever I try.
Even if I uncomment the example that's in the file by default, it returns the same error. AM I missing something obivous? Has anything changed with the latest version of XSIbackup?
I'm running 11.12.9

One thing that's confusing is that the instructions in the file say:

Columns are separated by colons as described below
# One server per line pledging to the following format (please, do note that the server IP or FQDN and port are separated by a colon)

but the example has columns separated by semi-colons. And on my previous working system, it was definitely semi-colons.
Either way, I tried both semi-colons and colons, doesn't make a difference, still returns the same error:

Error: cannot determine the e-mail server credentials, each smtpsrvs entry requires seven fields, please check syntax

Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 2021-01-04 15:28:53

admin
Administrator

Re: smtpsrvs issue

Current (c)XSIBackup-Free available for download is not compatible with (c)ESXi Free.
We will release New (c)XSIBackup-Free, based in DC technology in a couple of days.

#3 2021-01-04 21:20:25

ttlanko

Re: smtpsrvs issue

Ah, that explains it!
Everything else seems ok, apart from smtp. Thank you

Last edited by ttlanko (2021-01-04 21:21:13)

Board footer