©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-16 17:33:13

cmariotti

Duplicate Process?

I updated a machine to the latest version and rebuilt the schedule/jobs... It seems that the backups are passing but with the following errors:

Last error raised for the above VM:
ERROR CLNCERT0, details: [XProcess02] error: sha1 hashes are different [XProcess02-flat.vmdk], details: 0

It also appears that the VMs are constantly in a state of needing snapshot consolidation.

I tried to split it into two jobs but it seems the same things are happening...

I suspect that maybe xsi is running multiple times (doing the same job maybe)?

Any advise on how to solve this?

Chuck

#2 2020-10-16 18:04:29

admin
Administrator

Re: Duplicate Process?

The error is stating the certification SHA-1 check failed. Free version does not include backup certification as a feature, thus you should remove --certify-backup argument if you are running Free version.

You are describing a generic issue that might not have anything to do with (c)XSIBackup. The job may fire twice if your crond service is loaded twice, this can happen in (c)ESXi, or if you have set up a wrong cron schedule. Please remember to set hour and minute at a minimum and don't leave an asterisk in the minute column or you will provoke issues as what you describe.

To make sure that only one instance of crond is running you can use the below code snippet. Please read the full post below to have a better idea of how the crond service works and how to troubleshoot it.

for p in $(ps -c | grep -v grep | grep 'busybox crond' | awk '{print $1}'); \
do kill -9 $p; \
done; \
/usr/lib/vmware/busybox/bin/busybox crond; \
ps -c | grep -v grep | grep 'busybox crond'

(c)XSIBackup Cron Troubleshooting

Board footer