©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-04 07:28:40

bellocarico

Business model

Hi there, I was wondering...

Could the DC version may be made available to home users like me?
Personally I have 4 VMs in total on my home network and essentially only 1 VM needs remote backup, that's all :-)
I appreciate there's the free version but I would be really interested in the additional features only DC offers.

Not looking for a give away here but was genuinely wondering if you would consider either:

- like many other vmware commercial software, release a unrestricted version for e.g. max 2 VM
- change the charging model and charge per number of VM?

Ultimately home users can help you in the usage in different scenario and with bug reporting.
Just an idea.

Many thanks!

#2 2020-05-05 15:36:24

admin
Administrator

Re: Business model

Thank you for your feedback, but if we change the license model to a per VM basis, I believe many of our clients will be mad at you.
We may change the freemium model in the future, but we honestly don't try to please everybody.

We are a small company and need every cent we get out of our work, we believe to offer a good product at an unbeateable price and -over all- our products work in a transparent way: no propietary data models, standard protocols, no hidden "surprises".

#3 2020-05-07 07:16:05

bellocarico

Re: Business model

Thank you for the answer, appreciated!

Since you need every cent (and I totally support that) I'm not suggesting a free DC version but rather a DC version for non-commercial/home user e.g. shareware or something.
I am happy to pay a home user fee if you ever decide to go that way. I just love to have a block based copy.

Regardless good work on this product, you are one of the very few backup solution out there that doesn't require a dedicated cumbersome VM just to run a backup.

Thank you.

Board footer