©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-04 10:17:33

AndersG

Upgrading from Free to Pro?

Currently running XSIBACKUP-FREE 11.2.8. Have bought the pro version. I have not set up any connections to other servers yet. Do I just run the script that was generated for me? It will retain my current jobs?

#2 2020-03-04 10:25:22

admin
Administrator

Re: Upgrading from Free to Pro?

You should backup and remove your current installation of the Free version, as the default installation dir has changed from /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir to /scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-Free.

https://33hops.com/xsibackup-uninstall-procedure.html

Then install the Pro version using the online script.

You can then easily overwrite the conf/smtpsrvs file and the _rsa_ key files in the root installation dir by your existing ones in the Free version installation dir. You can use your pre-existing jobs too,  you will have to edit them to reflect the new installation dir though.

Edit the first and last lines and change /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir by /scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-Free to point to the new installation dir.

Contact support if you need some especific help, nonetheless the procedure is quite straight as outlined above.

#3 2020-03-04 10:31:20

AndersG

OK. The current installation is in: /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir

I will make a backup of the job files and uninstall, following the instructions above this weekend.

#4 2020-03-04 10:37:10

admin
Administrator

Don't forget to backup the whole directory, it's just some KB and you may miss some files afterwards, such as the conf/smtpsrvs file or the RSA keys.

Board footer