©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-25 07:07:49

cdasn

Upgrade and uninstall procedure

Hello,

Could you provide an upgrade procedure and an uninstall procedure for DC or help me find existing ressources?

Thanks for your help.

#2 2020-02-26 18:39:22

admin
Administrator

Re: Upgrade and uninstall procedure

Upgrading is easy, just overwrite the installation folder contents, typically /scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC.
As the distributable package does not contain any RSA key nor the /etc/jobs folder, you will be safe in regards to overwriting keys or jobs. Nonetheless the /etc folder does contain an /etc/smtpsrvs.conf file, thus you could simply rename this file in the unzipped upgrade etc folder to keep your eventually preexisting one. We will rename it to /etc/smtpsrvs.conf.sam in next release so that the upgrade operation is totally safe to perform this way without overwrtting preexisting configurations.

In regards to the uninstall procedure, it is exactly the same as for ©XSIBackup-Free & Pro

1 - Remove the install folder
2 - Make the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root file editable by root.
3 - Remove the cron schedules
4 - Restore the default permissions on the file
5 - Remove the cron initialization from the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root in case you have installed the ©XSIBackup cron

That's all. You can write that logic into this code snippet. Of course change your INSTALLDIR variable value by your own.

INSTALLDIR="/scratch/XSI/XSIBackup-DC"; \
rm -rf "$INSTALLDIR"; \
chmod 0700 /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root; \
sed -i '/-etc\/jobs/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root; \
chmod 0600 /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root; \
sed -i '/update-cron/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

#3 2020-03-03 10:21:16

cdasn

Re: Upgrade and uninstall procedure

Thanks for your help.

Board footer