©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-13 17:58:16

remb0

can't backup what do I not see?--backup-point string is a mandatory va

I try to backup my 2 vm's in esxi 6.7 with the free version (it must work before i will buy)

But I don't get it to work. and don't know why.
in putty i can  browsen to: /vmfs/volumes/ESXBackups   which is a nfs 4.1 share on my synology.
en esxi website I have mounted dit nfs share as datastore.

and with this command i try to do a dry run:
cd /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir/ && ./xsibackup  –-backup-point=/vmfs/volumes/ESXBackups  –-backup-how=hot  –backup-type=custom  –backup-vms=”DomoticzUbuntu,HassUbuntu”  --use-smtp=1  --test-mode=true

this is my outpunt

The --backup-point string is a mandatory value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do I miss??

#2 2019-09-14 19:10:20

admin
Administrator

Re: can't backup what do I not see?--backup-point string is a mandatory va

If you cut&paste, you must be aware of the fact that depending where you cut from and paste to, you could be suffering from character substitution due to bad translation between page codes.

It looks like this could be the cause of your problem, so, make sure that you are entering hyphens and blank spaces in the backup job.

Every master has his small book of secrets. Many people like to paste text copied from a doubtful source to some text editor like Notepad++ where they can previously choose the page code they are visualizing to make sure that no characters are being substituted.

Board footer