©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-28 08:43:35

Rasmus

Link

Hi.
I have created a link between my two esxi hosts, and it seems to works as intended, however , if I try to manually SSH or SCP between the same two hosts, I get a password promt. I am trying to make an automated file transfer between these two hosts, but the transfer stops at the password promt.
Do I need to create a seperate RSA pair? Will the new Pair overwrite the old pair? Is it possible to have to separate RSA pairs?

Thank you.

#2 2019-08-28 16:24:51

admin
Administrator

Re: Link

Make sure you reference the XSIBackup RSA key by using the -i switch when using the SSH client as described in the Open SSH client man page: SSH Client Man Page

-i identity_file
Selects a file from which the identity (private key) for RSA or DSA authentication is read. The default is ~/.ssh/identity for protocol version 1, and ~/.ssh/id_rsa and ~/.ssh/id_dsa for protocol version 2. Identity files may also be specified on a per-host basis in the configuration file. It is possible to have multiple -i options (and multiple identities specified in configuration files).

#3 2019-08-29 12:40:47

Rasmus

Re: Link

Great. Got it working right away by pointing to the xsibackup_id_rsa file with the -i switch.

Thank you.

Board footer