©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-25 19:15:40

Tin-Man

Datacenter Trial limits?

Ok, so I put this backup software to run some real world test only to find that the Trial limits to only running for the first 6 hours after reboot and only 40GB VMs. Making it pretty much unusable. So then I check to see how to get a license and no license available yet!?!?

So, is it possible to remove the time and size limit for the Trial for a limited time? or Can I purchase a license now? or how can I get this software closer to production testing or use?

Is Datacenter just a beta right now?

Last edited by Tin-Man (2019-08-25 19:17:11)

#2 2019-08-26 17:31:51

admin
Administrator

Re: Datacenter Trial limits?

Yes, you can remove the limits for 6 h.
Latest version allows to backup up to 60 GB.
Yes, you are right, it's in beta phase, it will be launched in short though. We should have launched it by now, but it's summer and things run slow.

#3 2019-08-28 01:47:55

Tin-Man

Re: Datacenter Trial limits?

admin wrote:

Yes, you can remove the limits for 6 h.

How do I remove the limits for this time frame? Including the 60gb limit.

/

admin wrote:

Latest version allows to backup up to 60 GB.

Yes, thank you, 60gb is a little bit more helpful however! when the trial version encounters a VM that is over the 60GB limit, it quits completely without considering the size of the rest of the VMs in the list! Do I have to setup a diffrent job for each and every VM? Becasue from the looks of things, it might be that XSI Datacenter will stop all backup activity when it encounters an error of any kind and will not continue on to attempt backup of any other VMs.

Board footer