©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-09 22:33:47

cuchillo

Error: Signal 13 received

I was trying a backup over the internet with the command

./xsibackup --backup "VMs(XXX)" root@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:22:/vmfs/volumes/BACKUP/XSIDC/ --subfolder=XXX --rotate=2 --exclude"XXX_1.vmdk" --remote-path=/vmfs/volumes/SYSTEM/xsi-dc-dir/xsibackup

Everything was going fine until the internet connection breaks down.

Then STDO start showing

Signal 13 received
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signal 13 received

Signal 13 received

Signal 13 received

Signal 13 received

Signal 13 received

and never stops...

XSI proccess left running on the remote server because I got this there

Only one instance of XSIBackup-Datacenter is allowed
Remove /var/run/xsibackup.pid if last execution was abruptly terminated

Is very much important that xsibackup handles nework conection interruptions in a right way for it to be a usefull tool. In the best scenario the connection should be restored and continue. In the worse scenario the remote repository should be corrected, the snapshot on the source VM should be removed, and the xsi proccess should be terminated in both sides.

#2 2019-08-10 09:21:57

admin
Administrator

Re: Error: Signal 13 received

Kill the process manually, you are using a beta trial version, we will improve these issues in future versions.

#3 2019-08-10 16:15:26

cuchillo

Great!!! I just say FYI... Is this the place for that? I am testing the beta version and would like to leave my comments and suggestions to collaborate.

#4 2019-08-11 10:30:12

admin
Administrator

Thank you for your comments, we will improve that behaviour in next versions.

Board footer