©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-14 12:38:40

cmn

How to restore a crashed VM from backed up job ?

Hello admins,

Great work for this tools, so helpful ^^
After deploying the xsibackup-154218930641213216242 free version on a free esxi, I did a backup on a nfs share with the following command and options :

/vmfs/volumes/Datastore1/xsi-dir/xsibackup --backup-point=/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/backup --backup-type=running --date-dir=yes

It seems working fine. The clone is on the move ^^
But because I didn't understand the meaning or some differencies (sorry for that), I was asking now it's backed up, how can I restore a vm if the one in production crashed ?
I saw, the restore feature is only available in pro version. But is there a way manual or other to do it in the free version ?
I saw some answers on the forum : "You can directly use any backup generated with Vmkfstools, OneDiff or Rsync though" but I don't understand that.
Can I have some details ?
Thanks for your help.

#2 2018-11-14 14:33:26

admin
Administrator

Re: How to restore a crashed VM from backed up job ?

Thank you.

We are  not fully getting what you want to know.

A/ To use the VM from the backup location, just add it to the inventory of an ESXi host.

B/ To use it from other location, add it to some ESXi inventory, clone it where you want the VM to be and then add it to some other ESXi host's inventory, or the same host, that doen't matter and will depend on your setup possibilities.
Do not forget to unregister the backup from the inventory once you have your VM where you want it to be to avoid duplicate virtual MAC issues.

Board footer