©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-05 06:39:46

xingbindi

Backup to NAS got error

I was trying to backup ESXi servers to NAS, have installed xsibackup on the ESXi host, but when I defined the backup-point as remote NAS IP address. it got the error like below:
The server --backup-point=10.220.75.31:22:/mnt/NAS1/VMBackup does not exist
Make sure there is an SSH server listening on 10.220.75.31 port 22 and that the firewall allows this connection

I have enabled SSH in NAS and configured "Allow TCP Port Forwarding" with the port 22.
May I know what's wrong here? I also tried "esxcli network firewall unload".
Error JOBSKIP1: the backup job will be skipped because some mandatory values are missing

Or should I use Rsync or NFS? I am quite new to this if you can help to advise? Need to back up about 20 hosts with VMs to NAS. Thanks!

#2 2018-06-05 08:36:12

admin
Administrator

Re: Backup to NAS got error

Attach your NAS to your ESXi server via NFS or iSCSI as a datastore and backup to a local path in that datastore, or backup over IP to a secondary ESXi server, that must be visible over IP, have its SSH service open and have been linked to the primary one by means of the --link-srv command.

You can alternatively backup over IP to any Linux/Unix enabled device, but that will require a good understanding of how key authentication works between two OpenSSH systems in case XSIBackup cannot handle it automatically.

If you are getting a "Server does not exist" message, then you aren't even reaching it at the TCP/IP level.

Please, read the Man page: (c)XSIBackup Classic Man Page
And tutorials: https://33hops.com/xsibackup-tutorial-1.html

Before using the software, especially if you are attempting to perform complex operations.

Board footer