©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-22 09:45:34

sistemi

Ideas to backup a VM that runs under VCloud Director?

Hi, I'm planning to move my on-premise infrastructure to Cloud Director, available by external cloud provider, I'm rather new to that so there are solutions, that can give me the freedom of use that i currently have with xsibackup suite?

Thanks.

#2 2021-06-22 10:46:42

admin
Administrator

Re: Ideas to backup a VM that runs under VCloud Director?

AFAIK you can still use (c)XSIBackup on your (c)ESXi hosts, which will still be the base of your virtualization system.
That will depend on the kind of infrastructure that you are assigned and the level of control you have on it. If you are just delegated some resources from a bigger administered pool of hardware, you will no longer be the real administrator of the hardware and thus you will have no control on what you can install or use, that will be chosen for you.

Just as long as you can still access your hosts via SSH with admin rights, you will still be able to use (c)XSIBackup

In case you still have admin rights on the hypervisors and you have a number of hosts to manage, you may find this extremely useful:
https://33hops.com/xsidirector-esxi-man … yment.html

#3 2021-06-22 11:17:52

sistemi

Thanks, but I have no ssh access, I can only use the vcd web interface and vcd api, have to check if the api's are powerful enough... Just to know, I successfully tested install of an embedded esxi on VCD, so this could be the second choice, but mainly I would prefer to work with just one level of astraction.

#4 2021-06-22 15:10:36

admin
Administrator

Then you became a user, you are bound to pre-stablished solutions.

Board footer