©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-29 01:35:29

Tin-Man

Are we there yet?...

So, I didn't realize the software was in beta at the time (something you guys should mention on the website or documentation, or anywhere!), but I have several clients already sold on this backup solution. So when is it going to be ready? Cuz they're asking me on a regular basis now. As it stands, I can't even use the trial to demonstrate it, because with it's current limits it's only usable in a lab testing environment.

#2 2019-09-30 21:43:56

admin
Administrator

Re: Are we there yet?...

We have delayed the launch date, sorry about that but we are a small development team and we want to make sure that all details and features are there.

Apart from that we have to eat and cannot finance development with 100% of our time.

The version number lets you know the development stage, currently in beta phase 0.9.7.3

#3 2019-10-01 19:14:11

Tin-Man

admin wrote:

We have delayed the launch date, sorry about that but we are a small development team and we want to make sure that all details and features are there.

Apart from that we have to eat and cannot finance development with 100% of our time.

The version number lets you know the development stage, currently in beta phase 0.9.7.3

You could pre-sell licenses (and unlock the beta limits with an expiration date) or better yet, get crowd source funding by launching the product on Indigogo or Kickstarter. That might help grease the wheels, speed things up, and make sure nobody starves in the process. Just an Idea.

#4 2019-10-03 15:55:34

admin
Administrator

Thank you for the feedback, we will check those websites. Nonetheless version 1.0.0 is ready, we are just performing the pre-launch tests

Board footer