©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-28 13:53:39

tigsuway

Cron will not work

Hi All,

I have installed cron but it doesn't work.
By the way, I login not as root but as user rambo.
Here is my configuration:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rambo user crontab has been succesfully updated
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the current content of the rambo crontab
*/1   *    *   *   *  echo 'Hello world!' >> "/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir/var/logs/xsibackup.log" 2>&1 # Added by XSIBackup
Current number of crond instances is 1, service seems to be running O.K.
Killed

I am new to this and might ask an idiot question, but we all started here. big_smile

#2 2019-09-28 14:19:02

admin
Administrator

Re: Cron will not work

If you are new to this, don't start by trying to use a different user than root.
Asigning permissions in ESXi takes much more that you are probably taking into account now.

We recommend that you start by using root as the backup user, as your learning curve goes on you will have the chance to fully comprehend how ESXi works and how you have to configure everything to be able to use a different user.

Board footer