You are not logged in.
Hello, I'd try to migrate from the last pro version to v11.xxx in the near future, but I could not find any detailed information about the migration process.
- Will the existing xsibackup-cron file conversion to new /jobs be done auomaticly?
- Will the upgrade presevere the current backup schedule?
- Will I need to run the Key Exchange process again?
A short step-by-step migration tutorial would be very nice!
I think this is what you are looking for:
(c)XSIBackup Classic: changes in version 11.0.0
- No, conversion is not done automatically. You have to do it manually, although it's quite simple: cut & paste and then arrange the job into lines ending with a "\" backslash. See the example below.
- No, you have to re-schedule your jobs, again very simple with the built in GUI.
- No, you do not need to exchange keys again, the ones you have will still work.
"/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir/xsibackup" \ --host=192.168.0.180:22 \ --backup-prog=XSITools:z \ --certify-backup=yes \ --backup-point=/vmfs/volumes/backup3/$( date +%Y%m'00000000' ) \ --backup-type=Custom \ --backup-vms="LINUX1_XSIBAK,LINUX2_XSIBAK,WIN1_XSIBAK,WIN2_XSIBAK,MAIL_XSIBAK" \ --backup-how=Hot \ --remote-xsipath=/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir \ --use-smtp=2 \ --firstname.lastname@example.org \ --backup-id=003 \ --description="XSITools backup of production VMs" \ --override=xsibakfilter \ --on-success="backupId->005" \ --on-error="backupId->005" \ --exec=yes >> "/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir/var/logs/xsibackup.log"