©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-03 19:12:37

linuxfreak

no messages in output file

Hallo

I Have a Problem, that I get no output logfile (no messages, only empty file) when i start the backup script into a output file.
When I start the backup-script without into a logfile, then the messages are show on screen.

The ESXi Server ist V5.5.0
Here is a example of my script:
-------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/xsi-dir/xsibackup --date-dir="yes" --backup-point="/vmfs/volumes/nasvmbackup-esx1/xsi-backup" --backup-type="custom" --backup-vms="VM-01"
-------------------------------

from the shell i start the script with the output:

./my-backup > ./my-backup.log 2>&1

then only i have a empty file ????

when i start the backup script without output file i get the messages i want to have.

./my-backup
-----------------
#####################################################################################
#                                                                                   #
#  (c) XSIBACKUP-FREE 9.0.1 | Backup for (c) VMWARE ESXi Hypervisor by 33hops.com   #
#                                                                                   #
#####################################################################################

-----------------

What is the here the problem ?

#2 2017-06-04 14:26:18

Daniel

Re: no messages in output file

Please download version 9.0.2 which fixes an issue with output buffering.
Also, the output is redirected in such way that the log is written when the program is called from the crontab, so to have a logfile, use the cron system (--install-cron)

Board footer