©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-14 10:14:34

Quandit88

Incorrect backup from XSI Backup app

Hello,

I don't know this is good place for XSIBackup app, but I start use this from this week becouse server was migrated to ESXi 8 version (not licensed yet) and XSiBackup installation inside is "problematic", when i start fighting with warning/errors on ESXi forum I readed post from 33 to use this solution XSIBackup app, so I star and after firts backup I see some wrong.

I have One physical server ESXI 8, also one production VM with Zentyal this VM has two disk 1=100GB system, 2=~1000GB data.

Backup target is Qnap mounted by NFS to XSIBackup app VM (with documentation)

And what I see is the, first backup takes 33h, and backup file size is less then 50MB. I'm not sure, but prevoisulsy XSIBackup installled on ESXi 6 doing the backup with normal size disk almost 1TB, I don't know why this how come, but 33h 50MB backup file is probably bad?

The command I use is ok?

Last edited by Quandit88 (2024-02-14 10:15:10)

#2 2024-02-14 18:51:42

admin
Administrator

Re: Incorrect backup from XSI Backup app

Yes, you posted to the wrong forum.
Please, don't post links to images outside this forum, use some proper SSH client and paste the output as text.

Your backup seems to have completed OK, you are just making wrong assumptions. If you used the --backup action then you have made a deduplicated backup to a backup repository.

If what you want is a replica use the --replica action instead.

Board footer