©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-09 09:10:25

seediq.liu

Incomplete Restoration and Mounting Error with XSIBackup on ESXi 7.0

Hello everyone,

I've been utilizing XSIBackup for both backing up and restoring virtual machines within a VMware ESXi 7.0 setup. The backup process has been seamless, but I've run into a significant issue during the restoration phase. When I try to restore the backup to a different folder, I encounter a mounting error, and, crucially, the restoration process fails to complete 100%, leaving me unable to access the system.

Here's the error message I'm getting:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/vg_php285-lv_root, missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases, useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg tail or similar.
FluxBB bbcode test

Despite thorough troubleshooting, I haven't been able to find a clear solution to these issues. I'm reaching out to see if anyone in the community has faced similar challenges while restoring backups with XSIBackup, particularly issues with incomplete restoration and system access, and how they managed to resolve them.

Any insights, advice, or guidance you could provide would be immensely helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

Best regards,

Last edited by seediq.liu (2023-11-09 09:12:51)

#2 2023-11-10 14:57:40

admin
Administrator

Re: Incomplete Restoration and Mounting Error with XSIBackup on ESXi 7.0

You have posed your question in the ©XSIBackup Classic Free forum. Is this the version you are using?.
Please clarify to move your question to the right forum if needed.

You seem to simply not have formatted the partition you are trying to mount.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/question … superblock

Board footer