Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-05 12:12:12

daniel_ham

cannot execute binary

Hi,
I have this error

ash: /bin/xsibackup: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

It's a backup from one ESXi to a synology via ssh.

./xsibackup --backup=cbt "VMs(xxx)" root@193.1.1.27:22:/volume1/VM1/TEST

Thank you!

#2 2021-11-05 13:32:05

admin
Administrator

Re: cannot execute binary

Please don't make us guess the rest of the relevant information:

- (c)ESXi version.
- (c)XSIBackup version.
- Full output.

The most likely cause of your error is that whether the file has been corrupted somehow or that you have enabled secure boot in your BIOS.

#3 2021-11-05 14:00:40

daniel_ham

Sorry, don't know what is relevant info:

Esxi 7.0 Update 2
(c)XSIBackup version: unlicensed trial version, remaining trial time: 70:05:02 | (c)XSIBackup-Free

If I use with cbt or without, I have same error on synlogy  DS1817

./xsibackup --backup "VMs(xxx)" root@193.1.1.27:22:/volume1/VM1/
TEST
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
||-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
|||   (c)XSIBackup-Free 1.5.1.4: Backup & Replication Software                  |||
|||   (c)33HOPS, Sistemas de Informacion y Redes, S.L. | All Rights Reserved    |||
||-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
                   (c)Daniel J. Garcia Fidalgo | info@33hops.com
System Information: ESXi, Kernel 7 Major 0 Minor 2 Patch 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
License: unlicensed trial version, remaining trial time: 70:05:02 | (c)XSIBackup-Free
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remote system: Linux
PID: 1069281, Running job as: root
LZJB compression has been enabled
Block size is 1.00 MB (1048576 bytes)
Performing --backup action
ash: /bin/xsibackup: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
Backup folder '/volume1/VM1/TEST/20211105135458'

Removed current target dir:
SIGTERM (13) condition was trapped: check logs for more details
Cleaning up...
Removed host <tmp> dir        OK
Removed prog <tmp> dir        OK
Unlocked backup               OK

I can make backup to a debian system without errors.

Thank you.

Last edited by daniel_ham (2021-11-05 18:17:00)

#4 2021-11-06 11:31:47

admin
Administrator

We aren't really getting you or you have some misconception on how the software works.
If you want to backup your VM's you have to run the software in the (c)ESXi host, not the Synology NAS. The NAS knows nothing about your (c)ESXi hosts and VMs.

#5 2021-11-06 21:58:28

daniel_ham

I never told you that I have software installed on NAS...NAS is just remote target for software installed on ESXi...
"It's a backup from one ESXi to a synology via ssh"
I told you it's working on remote debian system but not on synology NAS.
Software is on Esxi 7.0 Update 2 and remote system is a Synology NAS.
Daniel

Last edited by daniel_ham (2021-11-07 11:15:18)

#6 2021-11-08 15:31:05

admin
Administrator

Run this in the Synology command line and see if you get the same output

/bin/xsibackup --version

See if you get the same message: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error..

The most likely cause for this though is that your Synology doesn't have an x86 compatible CPU.

LIst of Synology CPUs

#7 2021-11-08 19:09:06

daniel_ham

Yes, I belive so, is a 32 bit proc. Must be built for 32 bit proc.

root@SYN2:/bin# ./xsibackup
-ash: ./xsibackup: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Thank you.

Last edited by daniel_ham (2021-11-08 19:09:26)

Board footer