©XSIBackup-Free: Free Backup Software for ©VMWare ©ESXi

Forum ©XSIBackup: ©VMWare ©ESXi Backup Software

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-03 17:38:45

TCGTechnologies

Prune on Remote Backup

I'm attempting to prune old backups from my backup store which is located on a Debian installation over SSH.

Command:
./xsibackup --prune root@10.100.100.81:22:/home/tcg/vm-backups/Server1/20211021120901

Output:
|||   (c)XSIBackup-DC 1.5.1.1: Backup & Replication Software                    |||
|||   (c)33HOPS, Sistemas de Informacion y Redes, S.L. | All Rights Reserved    |||
||-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
                   (c)Daniel J. Garcia Fidalgo | info@33hops.com
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
System Information: ESXi, Kernel 7 Major 0 Minor 2 Patch 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remote system: Linux
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PID: 2204632, Running job as: root
-
SIGTERM (11) condition was trapped: check logs for more details
Cleaning up...
Removed host <tmp> dir        OK
Removed prog <tmp> dir        OK
SSH session was closed        OK

I don't see anything in the XSI logs.  What I am doing wrong?

#2 2021-11-04 20:23:51

admin
Administrator

Re: Prune on Remote Backup

It could be a cipher issue.
Try to prune locally, in the end pruning over IP is nothing but a delegation to the server side.
It will always be easier to debug if you run it locally to the backup volume.

#3 2021-11-05 15:44:12

TCGTechnologies

I understand.  So can I install XSI on the local target server using the same license?

#4 2021-11-06 11:36:40

admin
Administrator

Server function is totally free to use unlimitedly in any number of devices. Only the client feature requires a license.
Your command over IP should work in any case. Try debugging your SSH key trust connection via the ssh client.

ssh -vvv -i /path/to/theRSA/key root@10.100.100.81 "date"

The above command will print the remote date. The -vvv will print all the SSH protocol output on screen. There must be some issue in the SSH tunnel: some wrong permission on the remote xsibackup binary, some missing file...

Board footer